Competition Terms & Conditions
Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade, referred to hereafter as “MFAFT”, will conduct the National We Gatherin’ 2020 competition substantially as described in these contesting rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. Prize(s). The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. The winners must be available to travel to/from
Barbados within a two year period of being announced winner of the prize. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, MFAFT reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
2. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants submitting entries must be at least eighteen (18) years old. Employees of MFAFT, We Gatherin’ 2020 Project Implementation Unit and MFAFT Competition team, participating sponsors and their advertising agencies and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
3. Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer. MFAFT disclaims all liability for any delays, mis-delivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. MFAFT is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate National We Gatherin’ 2020, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Competition. Upon contacting the winners overseas, or in an attempt to verify any information, MFAFT disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Company’s control, or otherwise.
4. Voting. MFAFT reserves the right to disqualify the entrant in its sole discretion. All decisions of the judges are final and no communication will be entered into.
5. Publicity: Use of Personal Information. By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant MFAFT exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, video, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this compeition and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use.
Rules and Regulations
- Persons must register with a valid email address to be part of the National We Gatherin’ 2020 competition.
- Refer as many friend and family to win weekly prizes. If 10 or more of those persons register then you are eligible for the weekly prizes. If 20 or more of those persons register then you are eligible for the Grand Prize draw.
- Airline tickets prizes are from Major International Gateways to Barbados and from Barbados to Major International Gateways.
- National We Gatherin’ 2020 Prizes are redeemable in Barbados ONLY.
- All winners will be validated before prizes are issued.
- National We Gatherin’ 2020 Prizes are valid for a period of two years.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade We Gatherin’ 2020 Coordinating Committee reserves the right to make adjustments to the National We Gatherin’ 2020 competition at any time.